Powered by Blogger.
This is it. The good, the bad, the ugly, and the absolutely breath-taking!

Friday, January 4, 2013

PROJECT 365-Day 4

Well, today I'm a little less enthusiastic than I have been. I'm glad I made an upbeat post last night, because I think it's time to re-read it and then spend a little snuggle time with the kids.

I think my post today, pretty much explains how I feel. Have you ever spoken your mind and instantly wish you hadn't? Said something, only to have 10 people beat you down for it? Oh the power of social media. It's great in some ways, and horrible in others. Being made to feel that you don't measure up, is never a nice feeling. I don't care if you're 2, or 72.

For my project 365 today, I almost opted out. I almost searched through my already taken pictures. I do have a plethora of them. But that isn't the point of this project. This project is to shoot everyday. To get better at taking images, capturing moments, and conveying emotion. So instead of just finding an image to stick here today, I grabbed my camera and went for a walk with the kids. I got a few of them, but the light was fleeting, and I'm simply just down today. I can't do their sweet little faces justice. So I snapped a picture of this field that is across the way from our house. I always love this field. In the summer, the grass grows green, and high, there are dandelions, pretty green leaves on the small but gorgeous trees. The cows and their calves, grazing out there.laying down when there is a storm coming. I love this field.

Today, though, it looked like I felt. Lonely, cold, desolate. It still holds it's beauty, even if it's not the lush green place it normally is. So today, this is my capture. This tree. This solitary tree. It's mingled bare branches, outstretching. The forest line seeming so far away.
Sorry to leave you with such lack luster words today. But now I need to hop off of here, and into real life with the babies who keep me grounded and happy.


<3 Jes with 1 s

No comments:

Post a Comment

live

live like someone left the gate open

love

like you won't get another tomorrow

laugh

like you're giggle box tipped over