Powered by Blogger.
This is it. The good, the bad, the ugly, and the absolutely breath-taking!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My first post. Ever.

    Well, here we are. 2013, truly hoping this year is better than the last. While I'm thankful for many things 2012 had to offer, we welcomed our fourth beautiful baby this year, bought our first home, settled in to a small and sweet community. I must admit I went through one of the most trying things I've ever endured, losing my father. There is so much I could say about that, about him, but I will save that for another day. One where I am more upbeat, so I can do him justice.

    I suppose I'm at the now or never stage. I choose now! I'll start by introducing myself. I'm Jes. Well formally Jesica. But lovingly nicknamed Jes with 1 s by my husband. I am an army wife to my high school sweetheart, Travis, married for nearly 8 years. He is my best friend, other half, and every other amazing thing that someone should be lucky enough to have in their husband. And I've had the pleasure of being with him since we were just 16. We have 4 amazing daughters. Madelynn Elizabeth 8, Sophie Annalise 5, Lucy Isabelle 2, and Evangeline Vivienne 8 months. Oh, those girls, I could write a novel about them! But again, another time and place. I'm the kind of girl, er, woman I suppose, who loves all things sentimental. Original right? I think it's possible for me to choose a song to convey my emotions on any given day. In fact, I think it's quite therapeutic to do so. Music is my release. It's how I can express myself when finding my own words is too hard. I'll catch myself immersed in a certain song, only to be singing the lyrics louder as I start to resonate with the words. I love living through the lyrics.

    Another little tid-bit, I'm fickle. I dabble in so much, that it's hard to keep straight! My true loves, after my family and music, are writing, photography, and decorating. I'm a novice, at best, at all 3. But the only way I will see improvement is if I push myself. So I'm here to do just that! Today I'm beginning my blog, for my writing, and I'm starting the photo a day 365 challenge! I am very excited to do both.

    So here goes nothing! I'll be back today to post a photo to start my challenge :) For now, motherhood calls(in the form of my 5 year old asking about 75 questions while she should be eating her lunch ;) and I'm off again!

<3 Jes with 1 s

No comments:

Post a Comment

live

live like someone left the gate open

love

like you won't get another tomorrow

laugh

like you're giggle box tipped over