Powered by Blogger.
This is it. The good, the bad, the ugly, and the absolutely breath-taking!

Friday, March 8, 2013

This month....

Well this month, it brings a lot. Old and new. Memories past, new ones just waiting to be made. The 5th of this month is my daddy's birthday. I would be lying if I said I don't think of him on days like that(well, honestly, I never go a day without him anymore). This year is the second birthday without him. And it's hard. I think he knows how hard it is on us. Why, you might ask? Well because in this month, during this time I just know my dad is looking down on us and trying to keep us from being so sad. My husband will come home to us this month. I just know somehow, that was written in the stars, and that my daddy had a little bit of a hand in making sure my husband would be here this month especially. And mostly importantly, that he's coming home safe.

With that, it means that I will be getting my very best friend back. My love, my heart, the best father any child could ask for, my best friend, yes--my husband is coming home! I cannot even put into words just how incredible this feels! I just want my husband home, I can already hear the squeals from the kids as they seem him enter the room, already feel my heart racing knowing that they are unloading buses, holding my breath as I scan the room for MY soldier. Yep, I can taste the end of this deployment! AND WE'RE READY! We're ready for hugs and kisses, hellos without goodbyes, long awaited looks at our babies who've grown so much, I just can't wait to wrap my arms around him and breathe in. There is honestly no better place in the world than in his arms. And I can't wait to be there!

Then I'm posed with the most horrible of dilemmas(HA!) having to SHARE him between all the other girls awaiting his return ;) this man has 4 other little Hogan girls waiting! Not to mention the 2 other girlie furbabies! Yes, we love this guy. SO stinking much! So much that I think I'll marry him, again :) So yes. This month is bringing in a lot of things. This month we'll wish happy birthday to SEVERAL VERY VERY SPECIAL PEOPLE (daddy, then mommy, then my grandmommy, and trav's mommy). And in the hard times, I'll remember, my dad is CERTAINLY watching over us. He is constantly guiding me through the hardest days, and bringing me to some more fantastic days that are awaiting us. So tonight I will lay my head on my pillow and dream of that moment when I'm reunited with my husband. And I will send a special thank you up to someone who knows I'm always thinking of him too.

I hope you all have a happy March! I know that the beginning of ours was rough, but that by month's end, I will have fantastic news to report! Here's to our family being whole again! I feel like a child at Christmas! I just can't wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

live

live like someone left the gate open

love

like you won't get another tomorrow

laugh

like you're giggle box tipped over